Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Importance of Punctuation

In honor of National Punctuation Day tomorrow, I decided to take a stab at one of these. I really like the way it turned out. Hope you do too!


Dear John,

I’m expecting to spend my life with you. Would be dreadful to keep us apart! I would do anything you say. Stay with me. I don’t want to quit trying. I’m not going to keep this secret, baby. Tell your friends! Tell my parents! I’d die without you!

Elizabeth

********************

Dear John,

I’m expecting. To spend my life with you would be dreadful. To keep us apart, I would do anything. You say, “Stay with me.” I don’t want to. Quit trying. I’m not going to keep this secret baby. Tell your friends, tell my parents, I’d die.

Without you,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Brava! Lynne Truss would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Some of the sentences are a bit of a stretch, but I like it.

    ReplyDelete