Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Official Induction into the Internet Community

After a month of blogging, I have finally done the one thing that makes me an official part of the blogging community. In a fleeting moment of clarity and understanding, I wrote the world's greatest blog post. It might seem like I'm being modest. I can hear you know: "Elizabeth, you always write the world's greatest posts." But trust me, this one was different. This one flowed from me like a waterfall of genius.

My thoughts were clear and concise. No subject matter was of limits. I wrote about human nature and the importance of the novel. I created a new language. I detailed the technological plans for a working hovercraft. I figured out the hidden location of Atlantis. And I even tossed in a witty joke or two.

I sat silent for a second, basking in the warm light from my desk lamp. Time to share this with the whole world (a.k.a. 6 or so people), I thought. The orange “Publish Post” button was begging to be clicked.

Then I saw this:















Arggggh! At some point in time, I must have signed out of gmail, which logged me out of blogger. Back button! Back button! No luck. I couldn’t get back to the page. I frantically signed in, hoping the autosave had nabbed a recent draft. But, alas, I think after I’d logged out, it stopped saving those handy back-ups. Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Why is it that everything feels like the end of the world at 2 am?

And why was I still up and blogging at 2 am? Oh, I know the answer to that: jet lag. Ugh.

And the real question- was my blog post actually that original and hilarious and life-changing, or did it just seem that way because it was 2 am and I am insanely sleep deprived? I guess we’ll never know.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, WTF? Your official introduction to the internet community is... nothing?

    You take simplicity to a whole new level

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironic, eh? That during my attempt to share my blogger short-comings, I somehow managed to post a completely blank page?

    You caught me. You're fast! I can only assume you've pulled your pants back up. Otherwise there'd be no way you could move like that. (P.S. I really did love your last post.)

    ReplyDelete