Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Celebrating Successes

Presentation of Doom: No longer impending, and not as doom-filled as I had expected. I was a little nervous. I got a bit teased about my blushing, but I got laughs where I tried and a lot of people seemed to enjoy. I even had some requests for copies (ultimate nerd compliment!).

Forgetting Yesterday: I hit 25,000 words today (super yay!), and I love the story and my MC just as much as the day we met. Maybe even more. I feel good about this one. I'm in it for the long haul, even when the times get tough. We've been taking it slow, but I think I'm going to start to add a little pressure and speed it up! P.S. The title is so tentative, words cannot describe. I actually kind of hate it but I felt like it needed a name.

Computer: Battery dying. Going to watch Greek in bed. Good night.

4 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I still haven't decided on a title for mine--and I'm ahead of you on the word count! I think the title will come when I actually finish the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the best titles (SUCKER PUNCH, LICENSE TO CHILL, JETSAM FEVER, ODD GIRL IN, EMMA POUNDCAKE: ARTIST AT LARGE) and the worst titles (THE SOLDIER AND THE SNAIL, HER DOCTOR NEXT DOOR, THAT DAMN INN STORY, DUDE) so I can appreciate a working title. You'll come to a point where you have your Eureka! moment and then all will be well with the world.

    Good going on the presentation! I knew you could do it (without throwing up)!

    I also hit 25K on FLICKER (working title) today, which makes me feel all sorts of good and bad. Good because, well, 25K is officially the middle, and kind of bad because my main character hasn't even seen her hot neighbor yet. And he's a pretty big part of the book, so... Much work to be done.

    Have a good Wednesday! Enjoy Greek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on surviving the preso, and on hitting 25k! :) I am also title-less, I'm thinking I'll have to just use a random word generator in the end, haha.

    ReplyDelete